Friday 1 January 2016

Pretty Box


Happy New Year to all my lovely visitors. This is my first post of the year and it is my project for the new Creative Artist Mixed Media Challenge.
And the theme is 
Use Chipboard.
Our sponsors are Dusty Attic, they have some great chipboard kits and shapes to work with.


Now to the box. It has been coloured using a alcohol pen in a dark lilac colour and then covered in a patterned paper. I have cut some corner out using a die in a matching lilac card. Round the top edge of the box I have put some white and a light green lace.


On the lid there is a piece of the same patterned paper. I have then used a toning glitter 3D paste though  Clarity Stamps leaf spray stencil. To finish off the lid I have added a lovely matching feather, some lilac flower sprays and a few very pale green paper flowers.

I really enjoyed doing this project, made me feel like spring is just around the corner.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Deep Ocean - ATG
TTCRD - ATG

11 comments:

  1. Hello janet, A super fabulous box and so pretty. Love the die cuts, flowers and that pretty lace. Happy New Year to you.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Janet. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colourway. The lace, sparkle and fluff are fabulous.
    Wishing you a wonderfully Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, Absolutely beautiful project again this month hunni, I love what you have done to this box, I love the lace...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I needed a dose of spring and this box fits the bill! Your colors are gorgeous!! Thank you SO much for playing with us at Through the Craft Room Door ~ Christi DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project, thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! This is very pretty and I just adore the color scheme!! I love making altered boxes! Thanks for sharing at Rhedd's Creative Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab box Jan,nice to see a post from you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This box is so beautiful!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful creation Janet.

    I just wanted to let you know that I sent you a message a few days ago regarding your application to the 12 Months of Christmas Design Team. I hope that you received it. If you didn't just send us a message to the same email address that you applied to.

    Thanks!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my work. I hope you have enjoyed visiting my blog and hope you will visit again :)x